PySafe is application similar to HandySafe or BondSafe. It is not too complex, but it was written in quite short time and is fully functional. It will be released soon with open source licence. Until release you can look at screenshots and look at comparision with HandySafe.
Advantages comparing with Handy Safe
- it is open source. You can look into source code and know what happens with your sensitive data. Handy Safe does not inform you which cipher is used and how strong it is
- it free of charge. Handy Safe costs about 5 USD
- you can use any cipher you want. In current version is used quite old cipher called DES. I have choosen this cipher because of speed. If you prefer safety to speed you can use Blowfish or AES
- it needs Python for Series 60 runtime whichs size is about 1 MB
- it is slower. PySafe is slower because it uses pure python cipher implementation. If somebody will provide some strong cipher implemented in C, application will be as fast as HandySafe.
- currently it does not support folders and templates. It will be implemented later.
- it does not look so nice. Python for Series 60 in current version does not support images in listboxes